Since 1952 IHM School has provided its children from parish and surrounding neighboring communities with a quality education that addresses the whole child based on Christian Catholic values. IHM School provides:
- Quality education in a Catholic environment.
- An education for students in religion, language arts, reading, mathematics, social studies, science, fine arts, technology, physical education and Spanish.
- After school sports for students in grades 4th -8th grade in baseball, volleyball, basketball and track.
- An extended care program for preschool – 8th grade.
IHM School Brochure: IHM Brochure
IHM Insider Newspaper: IHM Insider ’15 Q1
IHM School is:
- An elementary school of the Archdiocese of San Francisco serving students in grades preschool – 8th grade.
- Formally affiliated with the California Sisters of Notre Dame.
- Accredited by the Western Catholic Educational Association (WCEA) and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
- Rated with the highest possible accreditation status, a “Six Year, Clear.”
Western Association of Schools and Colleges
Immaculate Heart of Mary Catholic School is accredited by the Western Catholic Education Association (WCEA). WCEA accredits Catholic elementary and secondary schools in nine western states (26 (arch) dioceses) and the US Territory of Guam. WCEA co-accredits and is in partnership with three Regional agencies (WASC, NAAS, NCA) and two private agencies (CAIS and HAIS). WCEA began in 1957 in San Francisco and has a long and successful history of assisting school improvement through the accreditation process.
Maximum enrollment is 315 students.
School Wide Anti-Bullying Program: (The Character Network) Broadcaster Jim Lord is the creator of this program. He is known for his audio presentations: ‘The Beginning of a Hero’, a very strong anti-bullying program distributed through the Character Network. His 2 minute audio presentations address heroes and bullies using stories that resonate with children. His message is; “A hero is someone who helps other people and a bully is a person who hurts other people. That’s why a bully is the opposite of a hero.” Mr. Lord’s message speaks to the IHM students always reminding them that they can choose to be a hero and help someone. His programs point out positive attitudes and encourage the children to follow the examples of others who grew up to be heroes.
Click on the link below to watch our school video testimonial:
Student to Teacher Ratios:
- Kindergarten: Approximately 35 students, 1 teacher, 2 teacher aides
- Grades 1 – 5: Approximately 35 to 1 with a teacher assistant for Math and Language Arts
- Middle School Grades 6, 7 & 8: Approximately 35 to 1 with the exception of Math and Science which have a ratio of 18 to 1